Fifty Plus First Aid Training - Online
This course provides basic first aid awareness training and accident prevention to adults over the age of 50. Areas of focus include providing care for partners and dealing with incidents involving younger members of the family. There is also a small section on pet first aid.
After this course, the learner will have a greater understanding of the possible injuries and illnesses that could affect all age groups. He/she will understand why immediate professional care is vital to ensure that pain and suffering is reduced as much as possible and will have more confidence to deal with an emergency situation, should it arise.
This course can be completed 100% online and is independently certified as conforming to the universally accepted Continuous Professional/ Personal Development guidelines, all ProTrainings first aid courses follow ERC 2010 Guidelines and UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines
How do I get started?
Click here for your First Aid and Safety for the over 50s course information and get started straight away
What is included?
- All students receive access to their chosen course for up to eight months
- Optional Free weekly video refresher
- Verified CPD time credit statement
- Reminder when your course is due for renewal
- Companies receive an interactive dashboard where they can monitor all of their employees training on the system
- Companies also receive their own dedicated account manager
Groups & Business Discounts
Groups and business purchasing multiple courses will qualify for discounted course rates, please call the ProTrainings sales team direct on 01206 805359 to discuss how they can help you with your training requirements.
- Introduction to first aid
- How and when to call the medical professionals
- Accidents and how to avoid them
- Using appliances to make your life easier and safer
- Keeping safe in an emergency
- Gloves and infection control
- Keeping you free from infection, keeping wounds clean
- First aid kits
- Unconscious patient and recovery position
- Heart attack, angina and chest pain
- Chest only compressions
- What the paramedics will do and AED units
- Bleeding and cuts
- Spinal injury
- Types of shock and treatment
- Breaks, fractures, sprains and strains
- Eye injuries
- Heat and cold emergencies
- Diabetes and nutrition problems
- Breathing problems and asthma
- First aid on children
- First aid on infants
- Car accidents
- First aid on pets
- Summary and keeping skill fresh