Infection Control Training for Dentists - Bloodborne Pathogen Course
If you are working in the dentistry industry, you will need to have an understanding of many different aspects of infection control to keep you and your clients safe. Blood Bourne Pathogens can be spread with needles and other items of equipment you use and there is a requirement to have basic training in correct infection control technique.
This course covers the possible dangers that you could come across and how with basic good practice you will keep safe and increase the trust with your clients.
This course can be completed 100% online at a time to suit you, the course doesn't have to be taken in one go, you can leave and come back to it as many times as you like, for up to eight months, enabling you to use it as a reference or refresher.
This is not a powerpoint-based course, it is delivered via a series of short informative videos giving you 1 on 1 training with a professional instructor without the distraction and the inconvenience and cost of attending a classroom course. You will be asked a series of questions throughout the course to test your knowledge as you go and there is a short test at the end which you complete before printing out your certificate and CPD certified time credit statement..
The content of this and all ProTrainings courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
ProTrainings also offer specific courses for Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals and Infection control for Tattooists and Beauty Therapists.
Other courses that may be of interest:-
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Health and Safety Awareness
Fire Safety Awareness
How do I get started?
Click here to start your Infection Control for Dentists Course If you have have any questions or would like to discuss group discounts or multiple course bookings please contact ProTrainings direct on 01206 805359 or fill out our online form.
What is included?
- All students receive access to their chosen course for up to eight months
- Free digital student manual V5
- Other free useful downloads and links
- Optional free weekly video refresher
- Verified CPD time credit statement
- Reminder when your course is due for renewal
- Dental Practices receive an interactive dashboard where they can monitor all of their employees training on the system
- Dental Practices also receive their own dedicated account manager
Groups & Business Discounts
Groups and business purchasing multiple courses will qualify for discounted course rates, please call the ProTrainings sales team direct on 01206 805359 to discuss how they can help you with your training requirements.
- Introductory Infection Control Training
- What are Blood Borne Pathogens?
- Infection Control Legislation
- Types of Blood Borne Diseases
- HIV and AIDS
- Hepatitis B Virus
- Hepatitis C Virus
- Skin Diseases
- Other Viruses
- Engineering and Work Practice Controls
- Cross Infection
- Reducing Risk
- Body Handling and Disposal
- Body Fluid Cleanup Procedures
- Body Fluid Clean up kits
- Hazardous Disposal Procedures
- Glove Removal and Disposal
- Hand Hygiene
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Exposure Incident
- Infection control kits
- Healthcare Professionals
- Clean Technique Tattoos
- Safe Injection Practices
- Testing and Counseling