Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Online Course
Safeguarding Adults is delivered over one three hour session. The course aims are to promote awareness of what constitutes abuse and neglect, promote understanding of the different types of abuse and neglect, promote understanding of what makes individuals vulnerable, promote understanding of what disclosure and whistleblowing are, and detail legislation relevant to Safeguarding of Adults.
By the end of this session, candidates will be able to identify types of abuse, identify when abuse has happened/is happening, understand how to report and record issues that may be witnessed or disclosed, and understand how to help prevent abuse and neglect..
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
This is not a powerpoint-based course, it is delivered via a series of short informative videos giving you 1 on 1 training with a professional instructor without the distraction and the inconvenience and cost of attending a classroom course. You will be asked a series of questions throughout the course to test your knowledge as you go and there is a short test at the end which you complete before printing out your certificate and CPD certified time credit statement.
- To understand what is abuse and neglect
- To be able to identify the types of abuse and neglect
- To know who is at risk
- To understand what makes individuals venerable
- To understand the laws and regulations
- To understand who commits abuse
- To be aware of indicators of the different types of abuse
- Reporting abuse and whistle blowing
How do I get started?
To start your Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Online Course click here , if you have any questions or would like to discuss group discounts or multiple course bookings please contact ProTrainings direct on 01206 805359 or fill out our online form.
What is included?
- All students receive access to their chosen course for up to eight months
- Free digital student manual
- Optional free weekly video refresher
- Verified CPD time credit statement
- Reminder when your course is due for renewal
- Companies receive an interactive dashboard where they can monitor all of their employees training on the system
- Companies also receive their own dedicated account manager
Groups & Business Discounts
Groups and business purchasing multiple courses will qualify for discounted course rates, please call the ProTrainings sales team direct on 01206 805359 to discuss how they can help you with your training requirements.
- What is SOVA?
- CQC or Care Quality Commission
- Discriminatory Abuse and the Human Rights Act
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- Protection from Harassment Act 1997
- The Sexual Offences Act 2003
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- The safeguarding vulnerable groups act 2006
- The Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards principles
- Who Is A Vulnerable Adult
- Abuse And The Indicators Of Abuse
- Physical Abuse
- Psychological Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Financial Abuse
- Neglect Self Neglect and The Act Of Omission
- Institutional And Discriminatory Abuse
- Facts And Information About Abuse